1. Dr. E taught us that there are 4 life lessons to learn from your kids:
• Think Outside the Box
• Laugh a Lot & Live Fully
• Share the Power
• Look for Hidden Explanations
2. Keath Low taught us 5 things your kids need to know about ADHD:
- ADHD is a small part of who you are
- You are not alone
- ADHD can affect people in differing ways
- For most , ADHD is a life-long condition
- Your future is bright!
3. Gina Pera taught us about the dangers of denial, and how to cope:
- Get Clear
- Find Support
4. Roxanne Fouche taught us how to find the right kind of support for your child:
- Determine What Is Getting in the Way
- Work With School Personnel
- Study Buddy for Homework Completion
- Tutoring for Specific Subjects
- Individualized Instruction with an Educational Therapist
- ADHD Coaching to Get and Stay On Track
- Support For Parents
5. Rudy Rodriguez offered 4 tips to most effectively manage your ADHD child.
- Understanding ADHD
- Recognizing the Parenting Challenges
- Developing a Context for Parenting
- Putting Systems into Place
6. Dr. Edward Hallowell taught parents 5 Steps to Change Your Perspective.
- Look for that special spark
- Reframe Challenges in terms of Mirror Traits(positives)
- Avoid Toxic Worry
- Surround yourself with Laughter
- Unconditional Love
7. Dr. Mark Bertin explained the difference between Judgment and Discernment, and advised us to Exercise Good Judgment.
8. Dr. Paul Nussbaum explained the 5 domains of Brain Health.
- Physical Activity
- Mental stimulation
9. Kirk Martin taught us 3 Surprising Tricks for Breaking Negative Patterns.
- Take Care of Yourself
- Respect Your Time
- Ask for what you Want and Need
10. Ann Dolin gave parents 7 tips to manage homework.
- Set Up the Correct Type of Study Space
- Don’t Fear the Floor
- Make a Mountain a Molehill
- Let Her Fidget
- Insist On Exercise – The Miracle Drug
- Nag No More
- Keep a Homework Log
Happy New Year! The Team at ImpactADHD wishes you much love and abundance in the upcoming year. We have a great list of Featured Experts lined up for 2013, and can’t wait to share it with you.