When out at a restaurant, one of the biggest up-sells is the beverage. It’s the first thing the server asks. It’s almost as if we’re conditioned to order a drink, even if we’re not thirsty. Here are 7 good reasons to order water, instead:
- It’s hard to drink 8 glasses of water a day. Why not let someone help make it easier by bringing it to you?!
- Drinks at a restaurant are unreasonably expensive and can surprisingly increase the cost of a meal.
- Most drinks we order are either full of sugar or artificial chemicals, neither of which are great for us.
- Drinks tend to fill us up before a meal, and then we don’t eat as well.
- Drinking while eating can actually cause bloating and discomfort.
- Water helps with digestion and eases tendencies towards constipation.
- Water aids in a good complexion.